Wednesday 14 November 2012

Thing 7

Real life networking....I am a member of CILIP bit haven't really done much face to face networking except for going on a couple of courses that have been run by CILIP. I have also been on courses run by JISC in the past and have talked to other people on the courses which I always find useful and interesting as many of the same problems crop up in different library settings, useful to compare notes! I have been to several colleges over the summer as part of staff development which was good to see how other similar institutions are doing, sometimes we have picked up ideas and used them in our own library.

I've been clicking on some of the links listed on the main site for this course, I hadn't heard of some of them before e.g. The Library Society of the World - I had a look at the site, looks very informal which is good! I might have to explore it a bit more at some point and see if  I want to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment