Wednesday 28 November 2012

Thing 17

Prezi and Slideshare

I have now spent about 20 mins on Prezi and think it's great, I haven't even looked at how to do it yet but just been engrossed with looking at the examples! This is a good library example I found by doing a Google search:

http://tur-www1.massey.ac.nz/~wwliblog/loud.php/lets-get-going-library

I am interested to see whether we can change any of our Powerpoint presentations into Prezi presentations however I wonder whether it may take a while to make it look as good as some of the examples that I have seen. I have had a go at making a prezi, it was very basic, but I inserted some images and had 3 frames, was good fun and seems quite easy to use. I am not sure whether the College would want to pay for a licence and so we could only use it using the free option so not sure how many people would use it. We could put some of our general Library information on it which wouldn't be a problem but couldn't put any information such as usernames and passwords to our online resources on it which is a shame. Possibly it would be good for Open Day though would want to spend some time creating it. The other problem with it being online and free is that there is no guarantee that it will be here for when we want it whereas a program like Powerpoint we can buy and have working on a computer without having to rely on the internet.

Slideshare - have only briefly looked at this, we have shared space at College so unsure whether we would use this. I imagine it is useful for conferences and courses as all the PowerPoints from the speakers can be uploaded to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment