Wednesday 8 August 2012

Thing 4

Finally got around to looking at this again! I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems with the speed at which the main CPD blog site is loading but I seem to have had a few problems when logging onto it recently. Anyway onto Thing 4 - Twitter, RSS, and Storify - I had used Twitter and RSS briefly before but it was a while ago! I haven't been a huge fan of Twitter when I've used it before but I might try and use it a bit more - I tend not to write a lot of tweets but reading them is more interesting! I follow Phil Bradley which is good as he is constantly updating it seems and I always enjoy reading his column in the CILIP magazine. RSS can be useful, something I might have to have another look at in the future. Storify was something I had heard of but didn't know what it was so that was great to explore. I created a storify page about childrens books and reading, I have a young son so am becoming interested in that particular area, plus I love looking at children's books myself, looking forward to when hopefully my son will enjoy reading, at the moment he loves to just turn the pages! Overall, having a look at storify has been the most interesting for me as I hadn't used it before, it is one I hopefully will go back to and spend a bit more time on both at home and at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment