Wednesday 8 August 2012

Thing 3

This will be an interesting Thing to see what other people have found out about themselves online - I have quite a common surname so I chose to add the town where I work to the search. I found some things relating to a JISC course where I was a speaker for an event and also about winning a book token in December from the  Heritage LMS website, plus an newspaper article from a few years ago where I took part in a trip to Italy! So quite a bit I guess, though not as much as some people I imagine! The things I found were all work related so that isn't too bad. I do have a Facebook account but I keep the security quite tight (I think!) on it and haven't disclosed information such as my workplace so that's why that didn't come up I assume.  I got married a few years ago so I thought I'd also google my old name which was a bit more obscure! On the first page I had nothing which actually related to me so again I put in my place of work and quite a lot appeared - strangely a link appeared relating to when I got my BA as my name was listed in the newspaper at the time but I had nothing to do with the town where I currently work at that time! Anyway, it was interesting to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment